A GameMaker: Studio extension that provides GML bindings to the FMOD Studio low-level API. Compatible with Windows, and Linux games.
NOTE: This extension may not work out of the box with GameMaker Studio 2. I’m trying to figure out how to get it to work of GMS2.
- Load and play a wide variety of audio formats not natively supported by GameMaker:Studio (e.g. MP3, MIDI, MOD, S3M, XM, IT, etc.).
- Add custom loop points to sounds. This allows, for example, a music track to have an intro section that can seamlessly transition into an infinitely looping main section without having to break them up into two separate files.
- Dynamically change to volume, playback frequency and relative pitch of a sound.
- Analyze an audio stream using Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) and obtain its spectrum data.
- Support for DSP effects such as flange, reverb and filters.
- Extract tag information from audio files (e.g. ID3 tags from MP3s and Vorbis tags from OGGs).
- FMODGMS.gmez - FMODGMS GameMaker: Studio extension
- FMODGMS_Demo_win.zip - FMODGMS demo program for Windows
- FMODGMS_Demo_linux.tar.gz - FMODGMS demo program for Linux
- src - library and test program source code
- FMODGMS Test.gmx - GameMaker: Studio project for test program
- linux - FMODGMS source for Linux
- vc/FMODGMS - FMODGMS source for VS 2013
Possible Features in the Future
- Mac support.
- More options for FFT and spectrum data functionality.
- More MIDI support.
- Android support.
For a list of changes and development history, click here.